Wednesday, January 18, 2006

I'm Going For The Gold

I've joined the "Knitting Olympics" ala the Yarn Harlot. The Challenge is you choose something to knit that is above your skill level, and you have 16 days to complete it. From opening ceremonies, to when the flame goes out. I have chosen the "Birds Nest Shawl" from "Folk Shawls". Now, how to knit approx. 2 plus hours a day for 16 days, care for a family of 5, work full time, sleep, etc. I hope this doesn't end up with me in the garage, car running...........(smile).
I will try my best not to go all "Tonya Harding" on my family. I picture myself at 3 a.m., in the fetal position, sucking my thumb, clutching my knitting needles, and crying for my Sissy. Truthfully, I'm excited for the challenge. I think I'll get myself one of those groovy athletic headbands in red, white, and blue. Also, I was thinking of duck taping two wire hangers to the bottom of my slipper to resemble an ice skater. Ideas and suggestions welcome.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Emily said...

The ice skater idea works for me! If you've got a hill, a garbage can lid, and it's rained recently since we can't count on snow, you could always attempt the luge...
I would love to meet and knit sometime! And I am so sad about Debbie, I hope it's not a health thing.

5:03 AM  
Blogger Gracie said...

Hi Stephanie! Thanks for stopping by, we should get together and knit. Is there a yarn store in Fairhope? I heard there was one, but couldn't find it when I was over there. Don't you just love Auburn?! I miss it terribly but I am enjoying being down here.

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home