Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!

2006, Here we go!
I spent last night playing with Benjamin, dancing "shaking our Laffy Taffy", and when the ball dropped in New York City (11 our time), I told him it was midnight, and carted him off to bed. Spent the next 2 hours wrestling with my "Flower Basket Shawl", aka "the spawn of Satan, I hate it so much I want to burn it" shawl. I finally gave up, and decided to frog it for good. I think one of my problems was that I was using addi turbos, which are too slippery for the lace weight, or at least that's what I'm telling myself. Now on to the resolutions. They are as follows, in no particular order.

Stash reduction, I will not buy anymore yarn until I have started and completed the following things

Kimono Shawl, "Folk Shawls" , Jade Sapphire lace weight merino

Yet to be determined shawl, Zephyr wool/silk lace weight

Yet to be determined shawl, Jade Sapphire lace weight merino

Jay Walker socks (started), Lornas Laces

Yet to be determined sock, Mountain Colors Barefoot (I love this yarn so much I could lick it)

Felted sheep, Fiber Trends, Lambs pride Bulky

Felted slippers, Galway

felted cat bed x2, misc. Wool

Next is lose weight. Not so much for looks, but I feel fat. Sort of puffy, which I hate.

Get my house organized. Throw out, Throw out, Throw out!

Lastly, No more pets. My mini farm is complete. I don't care if someone comes with a three legged dog, a fuzzy kitten found in the trash, or a water buffalo that's house trained. No more. Eight is enough!

I wish everyone peace and joy in the New Year!

Stephanie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home